High Point, N.C. - Lazzaro Leather held a ribbon-cutting ceremony for its new showroom in the Commerce wing of the International Home Furnishings Center this afternoon, ushering in a major new era for the fast-growing source of leather seating, occasional and dining furniture.
The ribbon cutting, which took place at 4 p.m. in IHFC C-1003, was well-attended by leading retailers, market officials and the media. It was followed by a gala party for attendees, which gave Lazzaro the opportunity to celebrate many exciting new developments at the company, including:
- A completely redesigned showroom in a new, larger location. Lazzaro's new 16,122-square-foot showroom features a creative layout organized by contemporary, casual and traditional lifestyles. Many of the vignettes feature a travel theme, including the reception area, which was inspired by the feeling of a classic hotel lobby.
- The development of a new brand identity that positions Lazzaro as "the destination for global style." "We're focusing on the upper-medium segment of the market, where retailers and designers are looking for fresh designs, eclectic mixes of materials and high-quality construction," said Lauri Cryan, who has led Lazzaro Leather's brand transformation since being named president in June.
- The launch of the new LEA program, a 23-piece assortment of stylish metal and wood benches, barstools, TV cabinets, lamps, occasional tables, bookshelves and serving carts. In styles ranging from industrial and rustic to casual and country, the new line is being stocked in Lazzaro Leather's 100,000-square-foot High Point warehouse for shipment directly to consumers within 48 hours.
- The launch of AYLazzaro, a new accessory program of chic handbags that showcases the company's expertise in fine leather craftsmanship. The program features more than 50 leather purses, portfolios, briefcases, wallets and backpacks in colors ranging from distressed browns and tans to vibrant reds, pinks and blues. Styles include a variety of classic shapes and silhouettes, with pricing in the upper-medium range.
- The addition of several new product categories, including a revitalized dining and barstool program and the introduction of upholstered headboards, the first step in the planned development of a complete bedroom program. Known for its leather upholstery and unique occasional products in transitional and contemporary/modern styles, Lazzaro Leather is also featuring a number of other new designs this market, including Scandinavian and cottage, and working with new fashion-forward materials, such as brass.
"Lazzaro's theme this market is a 'journey through craftsmanship,'" added Cryan. "We've put together an inspiring mix of creative designs that reflect our increasingly global and interconnected world. These designs draw inspiration from everywhere, because we think the world is an amazing place to be in - and a home should be, too."
About Lazzaro Leather
Lazzaro Leather is the exclusive distributor for the United States, Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica of Guangdong Lazzaro Sunton Leather Goods, a 26-year-old leather tannery and quality furniture manufacturer located in Shunde, China. The frames of Lazzaro's upholstered furniture and other furnishings are constructed of kiln-dried birch hardwood indigenous to the Shunde area that is virtually knot free and bolted for stability. Lazzaro uses only 100 percent U.S. cowhide in its tannery - covers that are known for being larger and having fewer defects. Lazzaro offers solid-color leathers with a slight waxy hand for its more contemporary designs as well as vintage antiqued leather finishes for more traditional models. Since the company tans its own hides, it is able to monitor the quality in all facets of the tanning process to ensure consistency as well as quality finishes.
For media inquiries or interview requests: